1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2019 12:36 PM by Paul Ferraro

Wildfly cluster check using JGroups

gminog Newbie

Hello,

I was recently handed over to a Wildfly 9.0.1 cluster of 4 standalone nodes.

The standalone conf xml indicates that those nodes join the cluster using the JGroups library implemented by belaban

Based on a great response from rhusar several years ago (see: Re: Discover cluster nodes using jboss_cli or jboss web console? ), one solution for checking which standalone nodes belong to a cluster is by using JGroups Probe.

However, I have encountered a rather unexpected outcome since each node reports a different cluster status. Specifically:

• JGroups Probe execution via node 1 indicates that the cluster has two members: node 1 and node 3.
        • The logs from org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK2 report dropped messages from node 1 (!!) as it allegedly does not belong to the cluster.
      • JGroups Probe execution via node 2 indicates that the cluster has one member: node 2.
        • The logs from org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK2 report dropped messages from nodes 1, 3 and 4 as they do not belong to the cluster.
      • JGroups Probe execution via node 3 indicates that the cluster has two members: node 1 and node 3.
        • The logs from org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK2 report dropped messages from node 1 (!!) as it allegedly does not belong to the cluster.
      • JGroups Probe execution via node 4 indicates that the cluster has one member: node 4.
        • The logs from org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK2 report dropped messages from nodes 1, 2 and 3 as they do not belong to the cluster.

Am I missing something here?