1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2019 8:02 AM by mayerw01

JDBC URL encryption for Solid Databse

neha.gautam3003

It would be  really commendable if anyone could let me know  how to connect JBoss to an encrypted database . I am aware of the Jboss inbuilt security mechanism to be enabled in standalone.xml

<security-domain name="encrypted-password-oracleDS">
        <authentication>
        <login-module code="SecureIdentity" flag="required">
        <module-option name="username" value="axa"/>
        <module-option name="password" value="axa"/>
        </login-module>
        </authentication>
      </security-domain>

But this very feature works for other flexible databases like oracle, postgres. For my Database driver , Soliddb , it expects username/password to be supplied in URL only.

I found this similar thread , encrypted database connection [again]  and I wonder if we have something more easy to implement as it been ages this thread was created.

If this could be confirmed , I will pitch into alternative of writing wrappers (or some other easy way would be appreciated)

Thanks

-Sneha

• 1. Re: JDBC URL encryption for Solid Databse
          mayerw01

I am not sure understanding your issue. Do you have any log that you can share?
          But 'user' and 'password' are standard properties which should also be supported by the solidDB JDBC driver (solidDB ).

If you are refererring to password encryption, this could be done in WildFly via PicketBox or Elytron.