3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2019 8:39 AM by Juan Marchionatto

Hibernate Tools 5.4.4 Hibernate 3.5 - Can’t open connection

Juan Marchionatto Newbie

Hi, I have a problem with Hibernate Tools 5.4.4.v20190328-1505

I am trying to make Hibernate Console work on my new eclipse installation (Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0)).

Exception is: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Cannot open connection

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://hidden-hostname:1433/hidden-db-name

Now, the driver is in the connection classpath, and I know it is OK, because if I only change the hibernate version to 4.3 or later, it works. With 4.0 or less, same exception.

I can’t just use it with version 4.3, because in my real configuration (many more mappings) I have all mapping files with 3.5 DTD and other characteristics not supported after 3.5 (LONG definitions, etc).

I have used hibernate console since long ago. I have had little struggle to make configuration work on other plugin installations, but this time I am getting out of ideas..

Previous working combination was not much older: eclipse Mars. 2 Release (4.5.2), same hibernate (3.5) Hibernate tools 5.0.1.Final-v20160331-1852-B88

Can anybody help me to find out what could be generating the problem?

Any information about some important changes between 5.0.1 and 5.0.4?

Thank you in advance

---

Juan