1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2019 11:05 AM by kenshine

JBoss CLI Domain Mode Configure and Deployment questions

kenshine

I am trying to deploy a commercial EAR application in JBoss EAP or Widfly and have some application configuration questions regarding using JBoss CLI Domain Mode to configure and deploy the application to all nodes in a server group.

In our EAR, there are several files that need to be updated.  For example, there properties file in the conf folder that needs to be updated.

In addition, I have a .rar file at the top level of the EAR that has an XML file that needs to be updated

I also may need to add or remove jar files from the library folders.

In the past, we have handled these issues by deploying the EAR, let JBoss (in stand-alone mode) explode the EAR and explode any .rars, .wars, etc. in EAR and then use a script to perform updates on the files.  This script was run all nodes in our cluster. I would like to use JBoss CLI Domain Mode to customize files in my EAR and then have JBoss DM deploy this modified EAR from the Master host to the Slave host.  Can you tell me how to do this?

(Also, I would like to note that in stand-alone mode, the EAR was always exploded with the same directory structure, but with DM, a unique path is created for each deployment, so updating files based on their directory path is difficult, hence our current methodology will not work)

Thank you for your help.