3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2019 4:21 AM by ctomc

wildfly 16 running OpenJDK11 Error

bigbenzzz

Hi All,

Good day. Newbie to wildfly world, faced the problem as below when I debug the wildfly 16 with xxx.ear in eclipse. (The xxx.ear is successfully run in wildfly 11)

"{\"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services\" => {\"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"xxx.ear\\\".\\\"xxx.jar\\\".POST_MODULE\" => \"WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of subdeployment \\\"xxx.jar\\\" of deployment \\\"xxx.ear\\\"

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: WFLYSRV0177: Error getting reflective information for class org.ejb.AnnouncementBean with ClassLoader ModuleClassLoader for Module \\\"deployment.xxx.ear.oglite.jar\\\" from Service Module Loader

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jms/Message

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.jms.Message from [Module \\\"deployment.xxx.ear.xxx.jar\\\" from Service Module Loader]\"}}"

1.  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.jms.Message

-The JMS already included in wildlfy. but still getting this error all the way.

2. .POST_MODULE\" => \"WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of subdeployment

- I'm not sure why the wildfly getting this error.

Appreciate if anyone can provide any suggestions or idea to my question.

Thanks

• 1. Re: wildfly 16 running OpenJDK11 Error
          ctomc

with what config do you run the server? with standalone.xml or with standalone-full.xml?

only standalone-full.xml includes JMS subsystem which makes JMS classes available to deployments.

try running server with standalone.sh|bat|ps1 -c standalone-full.xml

and it should probably work.

• 2. Re: wildfly 16 running OpenJDK11 Error
            bigbenzzz

Hi Tomaz,

the wildfly server run with standalone.xml config file.

I runned my ear file with wildfly 11 is all right, and now try upgrade to wildfly 16 then face the problem about jms.

as per checked, all config setup correctly (compare with the previous wildfly config file)
            Its so confusing.

• 3. Re: wildfly 16 running OpenJDK11 Error
              ctomc

Hey, older versions of WildFly mistakenly added all EE dependencies (modules) available to all ear/war/ejb deployments even if subsystems for such dependencies ware not enabled.

In your case your code requires jms annotations for message driven beans, such dependencies are now added when subsystem implementing JMS support is enabled. in this case messaging-activemq

another option is to manually add jboss-deployment-structure.xml with dependancy to javax.jms.api module for more details on how to do that see Developer Guide

but as I said, i would recommend enabling jms subsystem, with fastest way to do so to run standalone-full.xml configuration.