1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2020 1:31 PM by ms2836a

LDAP Issue WildFly 18.0.1

ivdbank

Hi All,

I am in the process of upgrading from WF17 to WF18, and for some reason have run into an issue.

I run WF in a Clustered mode with a Domain Controller and several hosts.   On my WF18 deployment, the moment I add the LDAP connection properties I receive the following error.   

I am running a CentOS 8 deployment.

The same properties work perfectly on WF17 and it corresponds to the WF18 Admin Guide.

LDAP Properties

<authentication>

<local default-user="$local" skip-group-loading="true"/>

<ldap connection="ldap_connection" base-dn="<my-base-dn>">

<username-filter attribute="sAMAccountName"/>

</ldap>

</authentication>

<outbound-connections>

<ldap name="ldap_connection" url="ldap://<my-ip>" search-dn="<my-search-dn>" search-credential="<my-password>"/>

</outbound-connections>

I receive the following error:

[Host Controller] 15:29:25,413 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-4) MSC000001: Failed to start service org.wildfly.core.management.security.realm.ManagementRealm: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service org.wildfly.core.management.security.realm.ManagementRealm: WFLYDM0042: Multiple CallbackHandlerServices for the same mechanism (PLAIN)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.as.domain-management@10.0.0.Final//org.jboss.as.domain.management.security.SecurityRealmService.start(SecurityRealmService.java:226)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.msc@1.4.11.Final//org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1739)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.msc@1.4.11.Final//org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.execute(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1701)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.msc@1.4.11.Final//org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$ControllerTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1559)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.threads@2.3.3.Final//org.jboss.threads.ContextClassLoaderSavingRunnable.run(ContextClassLoaderSavingRunnable.java:35)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.threads@2.3.3.Final//org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor.safeRun(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1982)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.threads@2.3.3.Final//org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.doRunTask(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1486)

[Host Controller] at org.jboss.threads@2.3.3.Final//org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.run(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1377)

[Host Controller] at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:830)

[Host Controller]

[Host Controller] 15:29:25,503 FATAL [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYHC0034: Host Controller boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.

[Host Controller] 15:29:25,504 FATAL [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYHC0178: Aborting with exit code 99

Has anyone experienced this issue, what might the resolve be?

Thank you in advance.