1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2002 6:55 AM by adrian.brock

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBObject

kerstin

Hello,

I'm new to EJB and JBoss.
      One week ago we decided to change with our (EJB)project from Inprise ApplicationServer to JBoss 2.4.4. So I generated the jaws.xml und the jboss.xml (instead of the ejb-inprise.xml) and put them together with the ejb-jar.xml and the class-files to the jar-archive. Then I configurated the server, that means I added the required jdbc-datasources to jboss.jcml and I put the database driver classes to ../lib/ext. Thereupon I deployed the jar-archives by copy them to ../deploy and run the server. All went fine. Now I want to test and run the client-application by invoke the build-client.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      <!-- An Ant build file for the client -->

and it show up the following error:

ant -buildfile build-Client.xml
      Buildfile: build-Client.xml

main:
      [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/EJBObject
      [java] at com.werum.pasx.foundation.guiSwing.mainDialog.StartFrame.<StartFrame.java:183>
      [java] at com.werum.pasx.foundation.guiSwing.mainDialog.StartFrame.getInstance<StartFrame.java:192>
      [java] at com.werum.pasx.foundation.guiSwing.mainDialog.StartFrame.main<StartFrame.java:221>

I didn't know what this Error is for, because I have added the jboss-j2ee.jar to the classpath. And I think this one contains the EJBObject.class. Isn't it?

What did I wrong, so that this error appears?

Kerstin