3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2002 8:23 AM by mkonstapel

AW: Jboss 3/Jetty Beta2 - "Error getting application tx data

lsloh

Hi,
      I have been getting this error with my findAll() - "Error getting application tx data map"

Any ideas what can be causing it ?
      Thanks.
      LS
      =====================================================

01:30:56,633 DEBUG [findByPrimaryKey] Executing SQL: SELECT id FROM address WHERE id=?
      01:30:56,663 ERROR [LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackException, causedBy:
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.getApplicationTxDataMap(JDBCStoreManager.
      java:196)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.getApplicationTxData(JDBCStoreManager.jav
      a:212)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.getEntityTxDataMap(JDBCStoreManager.java:
      224)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.getEntityTxData(JDBCStoreManager.java:233
      )
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.ReadAheadCache.getPreloadDataMap(ReadAheadCache.java:368)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.ReadAheadCache.load(ReadAheadCache.java:204)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCLoadEntityCommand.execute(JDBCLoadEntityCommand.java:7
      6)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCLoadEntityCommand.execute(JDBCLoadEntityCommand.java:6
      2)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.loadEntity(JDBCStoreManager.java:415)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.loadEntity(CMPPersistenceManager.java:388)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.loadEntity(CachedConnect
      ionInterceptor.java:304)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntitySynchronizationInterceptor.invoke(EntitySynchronizationInterc
      eptor.java:283)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionI
      nterceptor.java:147)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityInstanceInterceptor.invoke(EntityInstanceInterceptor.java:187
      )
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.EntityLockInterceptor.invoke(EntityLockInterceptor.java:107)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:96)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:219)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:61)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:127)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:166)
      at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.invoke(EntityContainer.java:474)
      at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:681)
      at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.invoke(EntityContainer.java:1003)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:441)
      at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:98)
      at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:102)
      at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:73)
      at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:76)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.EntityInterceptor.invoke(EntityInterceptor.java:116)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:96)
      at $Proxy52.getAddress1(Unknown Source)
      at com.agora.sales.web.ListAddressesAction.getList(ListAddressesAction.java:85)
      at com.agora.sales.web.ListAddressesAction.displayExec(ListAddressesAction.java:69)
      at com.agora.base.web.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:58)
      at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:437)

• 1. Re: AW: Jboss 3/Jetty Beta2 - "Error getting application tx
          mkonstapel

Hiya,

I had the exact same problem. It looks like I've got it fixed now, so I thought I'd try and help you out.

In my case it was in fact caused by a bug in my code (doing a lookup on a null key), but it was disguised by this weird JBoss error. The DB log showed that the SQL commands weren't being committed. I switched the transaction setting for the method to NotSupported, so that it would at least partially complete. I then got a much more usable error message from one of the method calls in the original method (which did a findAll inside), namely that I was passing a null by accident.
          So, you might wanna try switching transaction modes and see if anything useful comes up.

HTH,
          Michiel

• 2. Re: AW: Jboss 3/Jetty Beta2 - "Error getting application tx
            lsloh

Thanks for the reply.

I too found the problem to this message. In my case, it seems like one of the methods needs a "Required" instead of "Supports". It was doing a getData() bulk accessor in the bean. Don't really know why though.

LS

• 3. Re: AW: Jboss 3/Jetty Beta2 - "Error getting application tx
              mkonstapel

You're welcome :)

Quite a coincidence, my error occurs on a getDAO(), which is also a bulk accessor. Anyway, I was kinda hoping someone else could shed some more light on this as I'm now getting the same error somewhere else and repeating the same "trick" didn't work this time.
              Well, I'm off to do some more digging. If you find out more, I'd be grateful if you could post it here.
              Regards,
              Michiel