2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2002 12:16 PM by seanx

EJB containers

seanx

I am using EJB 3.0 with tomcat.
      I have seen different EJB containers defined in standardjboss.xml file. For example, for entity bean, there are
      "Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean" and
      "IIOP CMP 2.x EntityBean".
      How does JBoss server know which container to use with an CMP EJB?
      Does the container invoker -- org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactory, use defined MBean service JRMPInvoker?

I have JRMPInvoker defined in my jboss-service.xml. If anyone need to use IIOPinvoker with EJBs, do I need to define a new MBean service in jboss-services.xml too?

Thanks,

Thanks,

• 1. Re: EJB containers
          sgturner

Only one of the EJB containers is used, I think its the "Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean" one. You can configure on a per EJB basis, in the jboss.xml file, different EJB container specifications, whole or part of one. The details of this are explained in the for pay Admin Guide for 3.0. But it. You will probabvly find the answers to your other questions there, as well.

• 2. Re: EJB containers
            seanx

Thanks,
            I read the paid document. I am not sure about the relationship between JRMPInvoker and org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactory. Why the previous one is defined in jboss-service.xml and latter is defined in standardjboss.xml? Has the RMIObject port to be the same in both xml files?

thanks,