1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2002 12:34 PM by manuelf

Problems binding a remote RMI-IIOP Server to JNDI

mcorbet

I'm trying to bind a class remotely to the JNDI running in JBoss, but what gets bound is not the Remote object but the object itself.

I've defined:
      public interface TestOperations extends Remote

public class TestImpl extends TestObject implements TestOperations

and a test class that does:
      TestImpl impl = new TestImpl();
      mContext.bind( "TestName", impl );

and I've compiled the Impl stub classes using rmic.

- When I define the Impl to extend the Serializable interface (which it shouldn't have to), the binding exports the actual Impl object, not the Remote object
      - If I define the Impl to not extend the Serialzable interface the bind operation throws and java.io.NotSerializable exception
      - I've also tried explicitly binding the Remote object using PortableRemoteObject.toStub() method, but then the bind operation throws a Null Pointer Exception.

The exact same code works in Weblogic. Does the Naming Provider (org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory) allow stubs to be exported?

• 1. Re: Problems binding a remote RMI-IIOP Server to JNDI
          manuelf

In jboss 3.0 with enabled iiop-services there are actually 2 different nameservers running (someone correct me if i am wrong): the default JNDI-server on Port 1099 AND the nameserver of the integrated JacORB - I think you should register your IIOP-Server objects in the JacORB nameserver not the default JNDIServer.....

Cheers,

Manuel