The <jndi-name> needs defining in jboss.xml if it
is different to <ejb-name>
You might want to look at xdoclet, it will generate
the xml from comments in your code.
Thanks Adrian for your tips.
I just wanted to get two things cleared up:
1) When I specify the JNDI names for my App in jboss.xml, do I have to create a file called 'jboss.xml' in the deploy directory ? Or do I modify the 'standardjboss.xml' file in the conf directory ?
2)When I use Xdoclet, do I put XML into the bean code itself ?! And does Xdoclet then examine the Java code along with those XML comments to generate the deployment descriptor(s) ? As you can see, my XML situation is a bit dire :( so have empathy.
1) jboss.xml belongs alongside ejb-jar.xml inside the
META-INF directory of your jar.
2) For xdoclet you use javadocs comments
* @ejb:bean name="test/Test"
* @ejb:transaction type="Required"
public class TestBean
Have you seen the quickstart guide and template project
on the sourceforge download page?
Hello again Adrian,
Thanks for the good example. Now I have an idea of where it is all going... I downloaded some PDF file on getting started with JBoss a couple of weeks ago, but haven't checked since, because I thought that was the only document available (could not get the book preview pdf to download and gave up on that). But I shall take a peek right now and see what's there.
P.S. Where in Blighty r u (Southampton here)?
Are you able to deply ear file generated with sun deploytool. I am facing the same problem. Please can you help me by telling the exact changes I need.