1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2003 6:38 PM by juhalindfors

HELP - noclassdeffounderror on jboss 3.0.4 startup

giovanisalvador

Hi all, i have a question

I have developed and packaged several jar files containing ejb´s, that call each other.
      For example, jar1 contains ejb´s that call ejb´s on jar2. But i do not have packaged in jar1 the home and remote interfaces (it´s implementations, of course) of the jar2. When i startup jboss 3.0.4 i have a "noclassdeffounderror" beacuse ejb´s on jar1 call ejb´s on jar2.
      But all ejb´s startup and in the execution of the application no error occurs.
      How can i solve this problem?
      - Do i have to create a jar client for each ejb and put them in the lib of the default server?
      If yes, hoe can i create thios jar and what does it contain?
      - Do i have to package home and remote of each ejb jar1 calls? (That´s not good, imagine when i change a method, have to compile it al again).

Any idea?
      i hope made myself clear.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: HELP - noclassdeffounderror on jboss 3.0.4 startup

If it's a simple deployment order problem (jar1 gets deployed before jar2 and complains about class not found) then just package both your ejb jars into an ear, should solve it. Or enable the prefix deployment scanner in your jboss-service.xml (org.jboss.deployment.scanner.PrefixDeploymentSorter) and use the -ejb.jar convention to force the correct deployment order of your ejb jars (where is some number).