we use in our client-server application JBoss3.0.1, stateless session beans (CMT Beans).
1) How/Where can I define a variable that will be known anywhere along the transaction?
2) Does a transaction that calls several times to a same EJB necessarily gets the same instance of it from the ejbsPool?
3) How can I define a separate TimeOut value then defined in the jboss-service.xml to a particular EJB (or transaction) in CMT beans?
1) Stateful Session Bean?
2) No from the pool, beans in the pool should be
3) javax.transaction.Transaction does not allow
the timeout to be changed at the transaction level.
UserTransaction (BMT) does.