5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2007 5:57 PM by yink2000

Write your first webSeam Application

dnewdawgs

Hello I am new to jboss, and I was going through the turotial that came with the documentation, wrtie your first web app. I went through step by step and once I went to deploy the Seam application the console through the following error.

18:48:45,307 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
      org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: No Driver class specified!)
      at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:179)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:577)
      at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:262)

Caused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: No Driver class specified!

• 1. Re: Write your first webSeam Application
          maxandersen

look in the servers deploy dir after a -ds.xml and check that the connection properties are filled in correctly.

Fix those and you should be fine.

This can happen if you have used a DTP connection that is not based on the Generic SQL Driver. Known bug.

• 2. Re: Write your first webSeam Application
            dtrieu

How did you get this far? I got "Connection profile is not selected" on Seam Facet screen.

Does anyone know how to get by this?

Thanks,

-dtrieu

• 3. Re: Write your first webSeam Application
              yink2000

I also got the same JBossResourceException when I run the tutorial. so what's the correct connection url?
              Mine is jdbc:hqldb:http://localhost, wich apparently does not work.
              I saw a directory C:\rhdevstudio\jboss-eap\jboss-as\server\default\data\hypersonic where the database is located. What's the connection URL for the database in that location?

• 4. Re: Write your first webSeam Application
                dgolovin

Look into C:\rhdevstudio\jboss-eap\jboss-as\server\default\deploy\hsqldb-ds.xml file there are three urls, that can be used.
                In last SVN version DTP connection profile is created by default for in-memory DB which url is

jdbc:hsqldb:.

• 5. Re: Write your first webSeam Application
                  yink2000

I used
                  <connection-url>jdbc:hsqldb:c:\rhdevstudio\jboss-eap\jboss-as\server\default\data\hypersonic\localDB</connection-url>

which generated the following error. What's the correct URL? The template URL uses '/'. I tried it also, and didn't see a difference.

FATAL [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource: java:/ticketingDatasource
                  javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ticketingDatasource not bound
                  at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
                  at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
                  at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)