0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2004 2:20 AM by imran

Oracle connection pool configuration

imran

Hi guys

I've been trying to configure my connection pool for oracle on the current JBoss server I have. I've placed the oracle-service.xml in my deploy directory. The JBoss configuration I had was based off the minimal configuration and there were some additional entries in the jboss-service.xml and some additional jar files were added to the lib directory of my server. However by simply palcing the oracle-service.xml in the deploy directory i've not been able to get a Connection to work with since JBoss keeps telling me that the resource I'm looking up for through my Context is not bound. I've placed the same oracle-service.xml in the examples that came with the JBoss distribution and have made the changes in for the names and the connection properties. When I do a Context.lookup I get the following error at deployment.

-- Error Starts here

2004-02-06 13:06:57,811 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
      Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
      Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
      [ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=rcDS
      state: CONFIGURED
      I Depend On: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxDS,name=rcDS
      jboss.jca:service=LocalTxPool,name=rcDS
      jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
      jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
      jboss.jca:service=RARDeployer

Depends On Me: , ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxDS,name=rcDS
      state: CONFIGURED
      I Depend On: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=JBoss LocalTransaction JDBC Wrapper

Depends On Me: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=rcDS
      ]
      2004-02-06 13:06:57,811 INFO [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Started

-- Error Ends here

I'm trying to access my datasoue through:
      InitialContext contxt = new InitialContext();
      DataSource datasource = (DataSource) contxt.lookup("java:/rcDS");

Running the above code gives me an error saying that rcDS is not bound, which I believe is because the deployment error I got.

I'm clueless as to what I'm missing here. I remember doing this in 2.4.X and didn't have much trouble. But with 3.0.8 I'm having this problem that I cant seem to solve. So I'm turning to you guys.

Am I missing any jar files or configuration files. If so can some one point out what config and jar files are required for the oracle-service to run smoothly and for me to get a DataSource out. Appreciate your help. Thanks!!

-- Imran