5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2005 9:50 AM by joergwassmer

Hotdeployable

bdv

Been searching this problem on this forum but haven't found any solution.

Startup JBoss3.2.3 and everything goes well. First hot deployment of our ear file goes well.
      After changing our application we do an redeploy of our ear file and here the problem begins:

14:14:50,233 INFO [EARDeployer] Undeploying J2EE application, destroy step: file:/D:/JBossDeployDirectory/APPLIC/ourProgram.ear
      14:14:50,561 WARN [DeploymentInfo] Could not delete file:/C:/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp45966ourProgram.ear-contents/ourProgram.war/ restart will delete it
      14:14:50,796 INFO [EJBModule] destroy(), remove EJB-Module: jboss.management.local:J2EEApplication=ourProgram.ear,J2EEServer=Local,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=ourProgram.jar
      14:14:50,827 WARN [DeploymentInfo] Could not delete file:/C:/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp45966ourProgram.ear restart will delete it
      14:14:50,858 INFO [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/D:/JBossDeployDirectory/APPLIC/ourProgram.ear
      14:14:50,952 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/D:/JBossDeployDirectory/APPLIC/ourProgram.ear

So JBoss can't delete the temporary part. What the heck who cares now??
      But a little later comes:

14:19:51,173 ERROR [EjbModule] Initialization failed
      javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=DocumentManager,service=EJB already registered.

With other words: after a redeploy we are obliged to restart JBoss in order to run our application. I thought JBoss was hotdeployable???

Could anybody help???

• 1. Re: Hotdeployable
          james.clover

Post some more of your error from the logs. The "cannot remove directory" bit has nothing to do with your jndi conflict; I redeploy EJBs where it can't remove the temp directories all day long and have no issues.

Also double check that you don't have two of your .ears deployed and that you're not getting any other errors on startup.

• 2. Re: Hotdeployable
            ebu

Have you found the solution? I have the same problem. And it is really annoying.

• 3. Re: Hotdeployable
              darranl

ebu, Can you describe your problem fully.

• 4. Re: Hotdeployable
                joergwassmer

I have the same problem on Windows 2000 and XP,
                On Linux everything works fine. Using JDK 1.5

Whenever I try to redeploy an .jar, .ear or .sar on a Windows platform it fails because Windows does not want to overwrite the existing file before JBoss is stopped.

I have no other workaround than using Linux.

• 5. Re: Hotdeployable
                  joergwassmer

... JBoss version 4.0.0