0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2004 12:50 PM by ftg314159

Error: DefaultJMSProvider not bound

ftg314159

I have an EAR which I've been running with JBoss since the 3.0.0 days. After backing off from 3.2.3 to 3.2.1 due to some unrelated problems with Tomcat (3.2.1 is the last release using Jetty), I'm getting the Error Set below if my EAR and service.xml is already in the deploy directory when I start JBoss. If it isn't, and I copy the files to the deploy directory after it's up, there's no problem.

The two files that get copied are the EAR and a jbossmq-WDRequestQueues-service.xml file which defines the message queue used by the MDB. I'm thinking that maybe JBoss is trying to deploy these in the wrong order. When I install the application into a clean server, I'm using an Ant script which copies the service.xml file first, waits a bit, and then copies the EAR. In the error scenario, both files are in the deploy directory at startup.

Thanks for any help....

Error Set:
      =====================================
      11:59:55,749 INFO [MessageDrivenContainer] Starting
      11:59:55,753 INFO [JMSContainerInvoker] Starting
      11:59:55,753 ERROR [JMSContainerInvoker] Starting failed
      javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DefaultJMSProvider not bound
      at

12:00:01,523 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
      Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
      Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
      [ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=local/WDRequestRQDriverMessageBean,service=EJB
      state: FAILED
      I Depend On:
      Depends On Me: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DefaultJMSProvider not bound]
      12:00:01,538 INFO [URLDeploymentScanner] Started
      12:00:01,554 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployed package: file:/data/jboss/jboss-3.2.1/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml
      12:00:01,557 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [3.2.1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_3_2_1 date=200305041533)] Started in 21s:923ms
      ==========================================