12 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 1:33 PM by maxandersen

HQL query error shows up correctly and then disappears :RHDS

alamandrax

I have the following lines of code which throw an error when running on Tomcat 5.5:

session = this.getSession();
      Query query = session.createQuery("from com.db.entity.EventSchedule where status:=status");
      query.setInteger("status", 1);

The libraries we use are spring-2.0-rc1 and hibernate-3.2.0.ga

The error that we get on the Tomcat 5.5 server is something along the lines of "Unexpected token: at line 1 column 57 as [from com.db.entity.EventSchedule where status:=status]". I think this was because of the jar files we were using, but that's not what the issue is.

The first time I installed RHDS beta 2 and loaded this project (from the old workspace, I did not check out a fresh copy from the CVS), I was shown an error at the line in the java code exactly where it should be and with the exact same error as what we saw on the Tomcat server. This is the behaviour that I want.

I then screwed around with my compiler and changed the JRE that I was using to 1.5.0 from 1.6.0, with which RHDS was installed, in the preferences. The error then disappeared. I uninstalled RHDS, installed it again in a different place, opened the old workspace, checked out a fresh copy of the application, nothing seems to work. I need that error to show up again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'd love to see HQL query support within an editor.