0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2004 5:30 AM by Jaksa Vuckovic

Passive Creation of Entity Beans

Jaksa Vuckovic Newbie

Hi.
      I'm trying to extend JBoss with Entity Bean clustering. Currently I'm writing the support for passive creation of Entity Beans. By passive creation I mean creating an Entity Bean without invoking its ejbCreate method. I just have the ID of the bean that has to be created and I don't care about the state. The idea is to use it like this:

ctx = createEntityBean(id);
      setEntityBeanState(ctx, state);

This would be useful if, for example, a bean is created on another node and I want to create a local copy as well. My first implementation was to use the InstanceCache:

EnterpriseContext createEntityBean(Object id) {
      EnterpriseContext ctx = cache.get();
      ctx.setId(id);
      cache.insert(ctx);
      return ctx;
      }

but the PersistenceStore complained about inserting a bean instance with an invalid primary key. So I added the code to set the primary key as well, but then I got the EntityBridgeInvocationHanler complaining that EJB home methods are not allowed to access CMP or CMR fields:

Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException: EJB home methods are not allowed to access CMP or CMR fields: methodName=setName
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.bridge.EntityBridgeInvocationHandler.invoke(EntityBridgeInvocationHandler.java:114)
      at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.Runtime.invoke(Runtime.java:59)
      at cmtest.ejb.CounterBean$Proxy.setName()
      ... 35 more

Is there another way to do this or should I pursue this approach?
      Thanks,

Jaksa

PS: The code above is just for explaining the problem, I didn't attach the real code because it's too big and spans over a lot of classes.