3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2005 2:23 AM by stoneinwind

EJB-QL WHERE ... LIKE construct problem

atonyd

Using JBoss 3.2.3, I'm trying to implement a finder method on an entity using a wildcard and the WHERE ... LIKE construct.

My EJB-QL is as follows.

SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM BicBankEntity AS o
      WHERE o.cInstCouLoc like ?1

This fails with the following error when installing the EJB.

[ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=IntraInstitutionVolumeEntityRemote,service=EJB
      state: FAILED
      I Depend On:
      Depends On Me: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error compiling EJB-QL
      statement 'SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM BicBankEntity AS o WHERE o.cInstCouLoc like ?1
      '; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encounte
      red "1" at line 1, column 67.
      Was expecting:
      <STRING_LITERAL> ...
      )]

I have tried using the following EJB-QL

SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM BicBankEntity AS o
      WHERE o.cInstCouLoc like '?1%'

but the SQL generated merely tries to match the column with the literal '?1%'.

How should the WHERE ... LIKE clause be specified?, is this a bug in 3.2.3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: EJB-QL WHERE ... LIKE construct problem
          yangqing19

I have encountered the same problem with you.But when i deployed it in Jboss4.0,it works.I dont konw why,do you?

• 2. Re: EJB-QL WHERE ... LIKE construct problem
            lafr

With JBoss 3.2.x implementing EJB 2.0 the like operator with a varaiable as argument is not supported for standard apps. Constant values are supported. If you surround the placeholder with '' this is a constant string, not a variable any more.
            There is an jboss specific extension which supports this.
            Put a constant after like in ejb-jar.xml and put the same query in jbosscmp-jdbc.xml with a variable. As far as I remember, the % sign has to be in the variables content.

With JBoss 4.0 implementing EJB 2.1 the like operator with a variable is supported as a standard feature.

• 3. Re: EJB-QL WHERE ... LIKE construct problem
              stoneinwind

Hi, all
              This problem troubles me for several days. Now I know it is a ?????Limitation, thank you guys very much!