I have exactly the same problem..
I have tried to solve this by isolating my classloader using the jboss-app.xml
file in my EAR but this kicked up all sorts of errors..
Just curious to know whether you got any further with this? or found another way other than deleting the jaxen.jar file.
no is the answer to your question....I haven't got any futher. I still run my app in JBoss 4.0.1, but I have removed jaxen.jar from the lib directory. Everything works fine so far....I haven't experienced any problems since I removed jaxen.jar.
But I would like to handle this problem in a more correct way, so please let me know if you figure something out.
I also use JDOM 1.0 and its XPath features in 4.0.1. I don't encounter any problems. However, the way I package my ear file is something like the following:
In master.ear's jboss-app.xml, I specify master-ejb.jar in the <loader-repository> tab. I use JDOM/XPath in master-ejb.jar(inside local stateless session beans). In the application.xml of the ear file, I specify master-web.war and master-ejb.jar to load. The ClassPath parameter in MANIFEST.MF of the ear file does not specify anything, while in master-web.war I specify master-ejb.jar. The same structure has been deployed in 3.6, 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 and so far I haven't encounter any conflicts. I know it doesn't really help, but just would like to point out that it does work for me...
Ops, formating got lost. I meant to say master.ear includes master-ejb.jar and master-web.war.
I added the jboss-app.xml to my app.ear with the following entry:
Now it works without me deleteing the jaxan.jar from $JBOSS_HOME/lib directory.
Thanks Pete for your input!
should be jaxen.jar =)
fear you are using the another version of jaxen.jar,you could find the jaxen jar which the jboss uses in jboss/lib directory,replace it with the verion you use,that should solve the problem
I'm using JBoss 3.2.3. It's also giving the same error.
But all other machines are working smoothly with this version. I've copied the same files and changed some codes that relevant to this machine. I've made this same thing in other machines. But they are not displaying this error.