3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2007 7:09 AM by Marc Lustig

ejbTimeout called when Timer.cancel is called

Øystein Hansen Newbie

We are running JBoss 4.0.0 with TimerService
      When timer.cancel is called, ejbTimeout is instantly called.
      Calling timer.cancel in ejbTimeout throws javax.ejb.NoSuchObjectLocalException: Timer was canceled

I thought ejbTimeout should not be called if Timer is cancelled.

Also I am havin trouble with IllegalStateException when cancelling timer-how do I check what state a timer is in?

Any feedback is greatly experienced!

Sincerely

Espen Albrektsen

• 1. Re: ejbTimeout called when Timer.cancel is called
          Øystein Hansen Newbie

ejbTimeout was not called after Timer.cancel - it was called because i created a new Timer with a timeout that allready was expired. (Method is used to handle configuration changes)

I am still having problems cancelling timer - how can I securely cancel a Timer? (I can of course do

try
          {timer.cancel();}
          catch (Exception e)
          { /* Do nothing */ }

but this seems like a rather uglyu workaround...

• 2. Re: ejbTimeout called when Timer.cancel is called
            Isaac Cruz Newbie

Hello,

I have the same problem with JBoss 4.2.1GA. I have a @Service EJB, in start() method I create a EJB timer, and it works.

The first problem is when I shutdown jboss, in the stop() method of the Service EJB I call the method timer.cancel(), and it throws an exception with the message "timer was canceled", but the timer remains in the database (if I call stop() from the JMX console, it is cancelled correctly)

The second problem is when I restart jboss, in the start() method of my service EJB, the function timerService.getTimers() returns an empty collection (even the timer *is* in the database), and when I try to create the timer it fails with a "duplicate key" exception from MySQL driver

Thanks in advance,
            Isaac

• 3. Re: ejbTimeout called when Timer.cancel is called
              Marc Lustig Newbie

"icruz" wrote:
              Hello,

... and when I try to create the timer it fails with a "duplicate key" exception from MySQL driver

Thanks in advance,
              Isaac

I wonder where in the JMX-console could you cancel the timer??
              I was unable to find it.