5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2006 5:14 AM by ahachmann

EJB Monitoring

ahachmann

Hello,
      I am trying to follow, how many Beans have been created for a pool. Simply said I want Monitoring tool for the BeanPools to check how many Instances there are.
      In "JBoss a Developers Notebook" they introduce the web-Console, which shows the deployed EARs. In their example you can expand the EARs and see the contained EJBs.
      This does not work on my JBoss. I am using EJB3.0 an can only see the WAR contained in that EAR.

Has anyone a clue how i can monitor the EJBs 3.0 ??

Thanks,
      Alexander

• 1. Re: EJB Monitoring
          rainapetkoff

Alexander

You are talking about jmx-console as your web console aren't you. If this is the case jmx-console does give you the count of ejb instances created in the pool. It does not refresh by itself and hence you need to refresh it every time you need to know the number of instances created in a pool.

(jmx-console can be accessed byfollowing the given link: http://hostname:port/jmx-console)

Did i answer your question?

Regards
          RainaPetkoff

• 2. Re: EJB Monitoring
            dimitris

AFAIC, ejb3 is does not (yet) produce a standard jsr77 view of the deployments, for the web-console to display. As suggested, you may derive some metrics from the jmx-console, though.

• 3. Re: EJB Monitoring
              ahachmann

Hello,
              I was realy talking about the webconsole. In the book you could browse your beans in the tree.
              But if i can find this information in the jmx-console it would be ok for me too.
              But I cannot find the number of instances and the min an max of the pool there. Can I find that information in the jmx?

Thanks for your help,
              Alexander

• 4. Re: EJB Monitoring
                rainapetkoff

Hi Alexander

Yes, it is possible to get all this information through jmx-console. All your deployed beans are listed there as links. You need to follow the links to get all config information like min and max size of cache and pool, etc.

Regards
                RainaPetkoff

• 5. Re: EJB Monitoring
                  ahachmann

Hi,
                  Yes, thats the place I took a look, but the only Informations I found there was
                  StateString
                  State
                  Name

And the Opreations like start stop invoke etc.

Are you using EJB3 or EJB2?

Regards,
                  Alexander