0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2007 10:15 AM by chandrasekarv

Error while using DBScheduleProvider with Sybase

chandrasekarv

hi,

i am using database scheduler service in jboss ie DBScheduleProvider. For this i am using Sybase as database.As i doing all the configuration, i am not able to fetch data through DBSchedulerProvider.

Sybase Database Configuration
      Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) is a database server by Sybase Inc. ASE is used on both UNIX and Linux platforms. As before, the first step is getting the database driver classes into the CLASSPATH, by copying the .jar file jconn2.jar to the /server/default/lib directory. Then use its data source by copying /docs/examples/jca/sybase-ds.xml to /server/default/deploy dir.

Modify the sybase-ds.xml configuration file, setting <driver-class/> to com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver and <connection-url/> to jdbc:sybase:Tds::/, where is the Sybase host server, is the Sybase host server port number, and is the Sybase database name.

Then, as before, we need to modify standardjaws.xml or jaws.xml to set the and<type-mapping> elements:

java:/SybaseDS
      <type-mapping>Sybase</type-mapping>
      We also need to modify standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml or jbosscmp-jdbc.xml to set the and <datasource-mapping> elements:

<jbosscmp-jdbc>

java:/SybaseDS
      <datasource-mapping>Sybase</datasource-mapping>

</jbosscmp-jdbc>Finally, we modify login-config.xml to use the Sybase database. Add the following <application-policy/> element to the file:

<application-policy name = "SybaseDbRealm">

<login-module code =
      "org.jboss.resource.security.ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule"
      flag = "required">
      <module-option name ="principal">sa</module-option>
      <module-option name = "userName">sa</module-option>
      <module-option name = "password"></module-option>
      <module-option name = "managedConnectionFactoryName">
      jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=SybaseDS
      </module-option>
      </login-module>

</application-policy>By modifying the sybase-ds.xml, standardjaws.xml, standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml, and login-config.xml, the JBoss 4.0 server is configured to be used with a Sybase database.

---

After done this also, i am still getting error. I dont know why it is coming.
      If any one knows the solution, help me.

thanks in advance

by
      chandrasekar