3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2009 5:25 PM by nitm

seam does not work in JBDS 2.0.0.CR2

nitm

hi,

i started using the JBDS and seam a few months ago, had some problems and was told to download the 2.0.0.CR2 version, once i did that all problems were solved.
      i did not use it since and now i'm trying again, so i created a new seam project just like last time but now when the wizard is done i have a lot of errors in the ejb project, to be precise in the Authenticator class.

The errors cover all of the code in that class, and say the following:
      The import org.jboss.seam cannot be resolved
      Name cannot be resolved to a type
      The attribute value is undefined for the annotation type Name
      and so on.. (basically there's an error for everything that has to do with seam)
      other than that, the seam perspective is not available (grayed).

what am i doing wrong? i did not change anything since last time (and it worked back then)
      and, is the 2.0.0.CR2 the latest version? i could not find anywhere to download the JBDS (other than buying it that is)

i'm trying to use the following configuration:
      jboss as 5, seam 2.1, mysql

thanks!
      nitzan

• 1. Re: seam does not work in JBDS 2.0.0.CR2
          snjeza

Sometimes EAR libraries aren't refreshed. There are two WTP bugs related to this issue: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=263918 and https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=267018.
          The workaround described in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=263918 doesn't always help.
          Try rebuild (Project>Clean) or close/open the EJB project.

• 2. Re: seam does not work in JBDS 2.0.0.CR2
            nmatrix9

"nitm" wrote:
            hi,

i started using the JBDS and seam a few months ago, had some problems and was told to download the 2.0.0.CR2 version, once i did that all problems were solved.
            i did not use it since and now i'm trying again, so i created a new seam project just like last time but now when the wizard is done i have a lot of errors in the ejb project, to be precise in the Authenticator class.

The errors cover all of the code in that class, and say the following:
            The import org.jboss.seam cannot be resolved
            Name cannot be resolved to a type
            The attribute value is undefined for the annotation type Name
            and so on.. (basically there's an error for everything that has to do with seam)
            other than that, the seam perspective is not available (grayed).

what am i doing wrong? i did not change anything since last time (and it worked back then)
            and, is the 2.0.0.CR2 the latest version? i could not find anywhere to download the JBDS (other than buying it that is)

i'm trying to use the following configuration:
            jboss as 5, seam 2.1, mysql

thanks!
            nitzan

Hello nitzan,

Download 2.0.0.GA it's relatively new version and some issues with the Seam-Gen have been fixed. I too had issues with CR2 and erratic Seam behaviour with that version. Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: seam does not work in JBDS 2.0.0.CR2
              nitm

thanks for your replies.
              i just decided to try the JBoss Tools 3.0 and it works great!