4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 9:08 PM by ezani abdul halim

getting datasource jndi?

Rama Krishna Newbie

i have written jdbc connection in oracle-ds.xml file how can i get DataSource connection using JNDI in a stateless session bean class with out using xml file/entity/JPA?

• 1. Re: getting datasource jndi?
          jaikiran pai Master

You will first have to lookup the datasource using the JNDI API. Then you can call the getConnection API on the DataSource. Just an example:

DataSource ds = (DataSource) new InitialContext().lookup("java:myDS");
          ds.getConnection();

• 2. Re: getting datasource jndi?
            Rama Krishna Newbie

"jaikiran" wrote:
            You will first have to lookup the datasource using the JNDI API. Then you can call the getConnection API on the DataSource. Just an example:
            ds.getConnection();

i wrote the database connection in oracle-ds.xml file and placed in deploy folder and DataSource ds = (DataSource) new InitialContext().lookup("java:myDS");
            ds.getConnection();

but i didn't get the connection what should i do?

• 3. Re: getting datasource jndi?
              Rama Krishna Newbie

"jaikiran" wrote:
              ds.getConnection();

how can i make jnidi map to datasource?

• 4. Re: getting datasource jndi?
                ezani abdul halim Newbie

Post your oracle-ds.xml and your code. What server are you using ? Because you may have to set some properties before context initialization. Also post your JNDIView (from the JMX Console) if you are using JBoss AS.