3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2001 3:21 PM by riverfour

java.net.MalformedURLException from Turbine

cisbrh

Hello,
      I am trying to use Turbine 2.1 with Jboss 2.4.1, but I am reaching a dead end.
      Turbine and Jboss run on two different machines.
      I can get the the home interface of my CMP bean and do a findAll on it, but every time I try the access an attribute through the accessor (getName) I get the following:
      java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi

I have followed what is said in JBOSS howto of Turbine. That allows me to get as far a getting the result of the findAll. I have looked on both mailing but I haven't been able to find anything.

Any clues ?

It might be more related to Turbine but I don't know.

Thank you,
      Benjamin

• 1. Re: java.net.MalformedURLException from Turbine
          normann

I've received the same kind of exception trying to look up an EJB home interface from an initial context in a Cocoon 2 XSP page under Tomcat 4.0. It said:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: Tomcat

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• 2. Re: java.net.MalformedURLException from Turbine
            roytruelove

Hey guys,

I've been told that this is a JVM bug. I find that hard to believe, because I would assume that it would happen more often. I'm having the same problem. What does work, is to move the directory of Turbine, or Tomcat, or whatever your client is sitting on to a directory with no spaces. IE :

c:\program files\tomcat

won't do, but

c:\tomcat

should be fine. It's the spaces that the URL parser has a problem with. When or how this will be fixed (?) who knows.

Take it easy,
            Roy

• 3. Re: java.net.MalformedURLException from Turbine
              riverfour

You are the man. I just moved the Tomcat under "Program Files" to the root as a folder "Tomcat", and everything is working. I used to encounter MalformedURLException to contact a UNIX server's RMI port. Sun should fix this bug.

Thanks a lot.