do you have the struts.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory of your war-file inside the ear-file?
do you see any (deployment)errors in server.log?
i have no problems with struts/jboss.
yes i have,
this is my structure ear structure...
/META-INF/application.xml with 2 modules (ejb and war)
-*- war -*-
WEB-INF/lib/ all my jar file , with struts
. my jsp pages
WEB-INF/classes/* my java files
-*- ejbjar -*-
i put all my java files related to my ejb
and i still have the same problem...
do you have any idea
sorry, i forget, i have no deployement error
but do you see the expected deployment log-msgs?
- i'm using JBoss2.4.3-tomcat3.2.3
- jboss.xml, jboss-web.xml ok?
- no more ideas :(
oups ! i don't use Jboss-web.xml ???, i need to learn about this configuration file, i guess it is a web.xml for JBoss ?
ejb-jar.xml -> jboss.xml
web.xml -> jboss-web.xml
i never tried without it, perhaps this
solves your problem.
i look at Jboss-web.xml but in the documentation they said it is for reference, jndi ect..., but i can communicate with my entity, i don't have jndi problem.
i think it is a path problem, because for example for struts, i had, an error message telling me that it can find ActionForm...
(but, stuts.jar are in my war files, as usually in WEB-INF/LIB)
so i must put struts.jar il JBOSS/lib/ext ??
can you tell me, how you did for stuts (because if it works for struts jar files, it will works for all my java "servlets files))
did you copy all your web.xml to the jboss-web.xml ?
I really appreciate your help, because my deployement is pretty uggly ;-)
i put my ear in deploy folder
and the i copy my WEB-IN/classes to lib/ext
ant copy my WEB-INF/lib to lib/ext
very bad ....
if the jar files are in WEB-INF/lib, they should be visible to your app, and that should fix it.
However, I have myself experienced similar problems under JBoss/Tomcat, where during servlet initialization dynamically loaded classes (Class.forName()) were not available because the current ClassLoader was crippled (only run.jar and crimson.jar were visible). It looks to me that JBoss/Tomcat has some idiosyncrasies with respect to ClassLoaders during initialization.
Some of my problems went away when I migrated to JBoss2.4.4/Tomcat4.0.1
i just sent a small struts-testapp (ear) to your email-address.
it works for me on jboss243/tomcat and orion.
i can sent you the sources if you need them.
Thanks for your help,
It was a JBoss version problem, so i moved to JBoss2.4.3_tomcat-3.2.3 and with a normal .ear there is no problem.
My last configuration was the Jboss_2.4.1_tomcat-3.2.3