3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2002 3:33 PM by dplante

JBOSS4.0/Tomcat bundle does not work!!!!!!!!!

tessai

I have seen a fair amount of post regarding problems with the new Jboss/Tomcat bundle. Im getting:

[INFO,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardHost[localhost]: MAPPING configuration
      error for request URI.

I am able to run the interest example and client, so I'm assuming the JBOSS portion is working. However, when i try to access the /index.html by "http://localhost:8080" I get the above error.
      If anyone has any information on how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. If you could also send my any config files that would be helpful aswell. Thanks in advance.

Vincent (vwong@fabgear.com)

• 1. Re: JBOSS4.0/Tomcat bundle does not work!!!!!!!!!

Hello Vincent,

I am getting this same error whenn attempting to use JBoss-Tomcat 4.0.1. Have you resolved this isssue? if so can you tell me what the solution is?

Thanks,
          Darryl

• 2. Re: JBOSS4.0/Tomcat bundle does not work!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations you are customer number 1 million :-)

Have a look in the FAQ forum.

Regards,
            Adrian

• 3. Re: JBOSS4.0/Tomcat bundle does not work!!!!!!!!!
              dplante

Try deploying the root.ear that I put together yesterday - check out my article: "HOWTO: root.ear - tomcat 4.0.1 root application to deploy in jboss"

Basically, it packages up the ROOT tomcat 4.0 application to the / context so when you go to http://localhost:8080 you don't get a silly error page and have no idea what to do next :)

Hopefully some version of this EAR will be distributed in the next release of JBOSS + Tomcat so that this issue disappears :)

> Hello Vincent,
              >
              > I am getting this same error whenn attempting to use
              > JBoss-Tomcat 4.0.1. Have you resolved this isssue? if
              > so can you tell me what the solution is?
              >
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Darryl