1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2002 6:14 PM by jules_gosnell

jetty didnt find jmxri.jar

sjus00

I am working with JBoss 3.0.0 with jetty as servlet container (default config).
      I wanted to start my Application (a JSP), which uses some classes from the jmxri.jar. This jar-file is successfully loaded by the server (but maybe not by jetty?), but anyhow I've got the exception:

HTTP ERROR: 503 Service Unavailable
      org.apache.jasper.JasperException: JASPER: Unable to compile class for JSPC:\TEMP\JettyContext6721.tmp\_0002fjspNotifyAppl_0002ejspjspNotifyAppl_jsp_0.java:15: Package javax.management not found in import. import javax.management.*; ^ 1 error
      RequestURI=/Appl/Appl.jsp

OK, I found a not very nice solution: I put the jmxri.jar into the WEB-INF/lib folder from the war-file of my Application.

So I hope anybody knows a more elegant solution, maybe there is a way to tell jetty the classpath to this jar, or something like that????
      many thany in advance!
      Sjus

• 1. Re: jetty didnt find jmxri.jar
          jules_gosnell

Jetty gets a ClassLoader from JBoss
          Jetty has to give Jasper (JSP container) a ClassPath.

Recreating a decent classpath from the classloader has always been problematic.

Currently Jetty just sets it to servlet.jar:j2ee.jar:jasper.jar (or something similar).

I am hoping to reach a proper solution now that Marc has checked in his ScopedClassLoader stuff, but everything is rather in flux at the moment... and I have been working on something else.

This should be sorted soon. Use your current hack for a little while longer.

Jules