0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2002 10:45 PM by akeijou

javascript gives Transaction Rollback Exception !?

akeijou

jboss-2.4.4_tomcat-4.0.1
      windows 2000 sp1
      mysql max 3.23.42

i'm probably missing something very basic here but this particular javascript,
      a very simple one for testing empty parameters in a login form, spews out
      Transaction Rollback exceptions in the log and sysout but no problems on the page
      displayed in the browser and login succeeds. if i remove the javascript and the
      call to onSubmit, the errors are gone. somebody please explain why.
      i have similar scripts in other forms with no problems.

IN THE JSP:

[pre]

<!--
      function SubmLogin() {
      if (document.loginform.j_username.value == "" ||
      document.loginform.j_password.value == "") {
      alert("You may not leave either the user ID or password blank");
      return false;
      }
      document.loginform.submit();
      return true;
      }

//-->

<form name=loginform action="verifysignin" method=post>

[/pre]

THE ERROR:

[pre]
      [16:40:45,513,TheTray] TRANSACTION ROLLBACK EXCEPTION:
      javax.transaction.TransactionRolledbackException: Application Error: tried to enter Stateful bean with different transaction context; nested exception is:
      java.rmi.RemoteException: Application Error: tried to enter Stateful bean with different transaction context
      java.rmi.RemoteException: Application Error: tried to enter Stateful bean with different transaction context
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:206)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invokeNext(TxInterceptorCMT.java:138)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:347)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:100)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:170)
      at org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer.invoke(StatefulSessionContainer.java:339)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker.invoke(JRMPContainerInvoker.java:410)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker.invoke(JRMPContainerInvoker.java:491)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.GenericProxy.invokeContainer(GenericProxy.java:335)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.StatefulSessionProxy.invoke(StatefulSessionProxy.java:136)
      at $Proxy220.getDetails(Unknown Source)

[/pre]

and on and on it goes.

btw, that's for Internet Explorer 5.
      Netscape 4.7 does not produce any errors but takes 3-5 minutes to come back. (i hope netscape 6 is better)
      Opera 6 is fast, no errors on server, javascript warning on client side (The Object does not implement [[Call]])

thanks for any help,
      --meg