I have recently installed the JBoss 2.4.4/Tomcat 3.2.3 and everything is working great. This morning I installed Apache 1.3.22 and it also worked great.
I just tried to get Apache integrated with JBoss/Tomcat via mod_jk by using the instructions here:
With a little fidgeting, I've gotten to the following point:
1) Apache still runs fine by itself. Browse to http://localhost serves up default Apache page.
2) JBoss/Tomcat still run fine by themselves. Browse to http://localhost:8080/jboss serves up the tomcat-test.ear deployment.
3) The test for Apache/Tomcat integration in the article link listed above works fine. Browsing to http://localhost/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp brings up the date .jsp example like it should.
3) When I browse to http://localhost/mytest (my test JBoss deployment project) I get problems with what seems to be context path designations. I can see text and such on the page but all items linked to in sub folders (images, css, scripts) are not being found. Obviously, I was expecting Apache to pass this request to Tomcat and for the page to come up normally so I'm not sure what the problem is. Here are my guesses:
1) I need to configure the httpd.conf file somehow to manage JBoss/Tomcat web applications.
2) I need to configure Tomcat's server.xml file somehow to fully integrate with Apache.
3) I need to configure JBoss's jboss.conf file somehow to work with Tomcat/Apache.
I'm pretty stumped on this one so any help would be much appreciated as a search of these forums hasn't turned up an answer for me as of yet.
Nevermind...I upgraded to JBoss 2.4.4/Tomcat 4.0.1 and used the instructions from jtwomey in another thread and everything is working great.