2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2002 2:12 PM by achugh

3.0.0RC1 JSP and Manifest classpath error

will.houck

Hello All,
      I've got an EAR file that worked great in 3.0.0beta but is now throwing the below error on jsp compile, at runtime. My EAR file contains a WAR file and a jar for worker classes. The WAR manifest is used to reference the worker jar. It seems the jsp compiler is not getting a proper view of the class path. Again, it all worked in 3.0.0beta.

12:11:29,421 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
      org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /jsp/webstore/promo/homepromoincludes.jsp

Generated servlet error:
      C:\apps\jboss-3.0.0RC1_tomcat-4.0.3\catalina\work\localhost\NASApp_Reliable\jsp\webstore\promo\homepromo$jsp.java:94: Class com.reliable.enterprise.jsp.KillCacheTag not found.
      com.reliable.enterprise.jsp.KillCacheTag _jspx_th_reltags_killcache_0 = new com.reliable.enterprise.jsp.KillCacheTag();

Thanks in advance,
      Will

• 1. Re: 3.0.0RC1 JSP and Manifest classpath error
          achugh

Environment: jboss-3.0.0RC1_tomcat-4.0.3, Win2000 Server, MS SQL-Server 7

I got the same problem...I deployed an ear-file which includes ejb-jar's, a war, and lib/utils.jar. Both ejb-jar's and the war have utils.jar as an entry in their manifest-classpath's.

After restarting the server, I find all ejb-jars get deployed and initialised without errors, the war gets deployed, and all servlets get initialised. As soon as I forward to a jsp, I get an error similar to this:

15:32:36,423 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for ser
          vlet jsp threw exception
          org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
          C:\jboss\catalina\work\localhost\_\home$jsp.java:3: Class foo.Bar not found in i
          mport.
          import foo.Bar;
          ^
          1 error

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:285)
          at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
          at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessar
          y(JspServlet.java:177)
          at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
          vlet.java:189)
          at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:3
          82)
          at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

What should I do to make lib/utils.jar available to jsp-compiler?

Regards,
          Avinash Chugh

• 2. Re: 3.0.0RC1 JSP and Manifest classpath error
            achugh

Thanks for listening to me :-), I fixed my problem...

I added lib/utils.jar to my application.xml...

Regards,