3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2002 4:07 PM by douglm

JSP getting compiled on every request

javacory

Hello,

I'm using JBoss 2.4.4 with Tomcat 4.0.1 embedded. For whatever reason some of my JSP files within my web application are getting re-compiled with every request. Not all JSPs behave this way, but some do. The source is not changing for the compiled class, but they are still getting compiled.

This really slows down the pages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cory.

• 1. Re: JSP getting compiled on every request

Have a look at the timestamp on your jsp. It is
          probably "in the future" compared to your machine.

Regards,
          Adrian

• 2. Re: JSP getting compiled on every request
            javacory

That is what it was, my build machine time was 1 hour ahead of the JBoss server machine.

Thanks much,

Cory.

• 3. Re: JSP getting compiled on every request
              douglm

I experienced the same but fro a diffeent - as yet unknown - reason.

I'm running jboss 2.4.4 + tomcat 4.0.1.

I redeployed an app I'd just built on the same machine with ant. The build process involves copying the jsp (and others) out of a skeleton into the app structure then creating jar and ear.

The mod time for the jsp was 13:47:24 on disk and in the jar file. In the deployed form the jsp had the time 16:47:24, 3 hours later.

I haven't figured out why it happens - looks like the unjarring is having problems, but my problems and other might be solved by setting the mod-time to that of the deployment rather than the build.