1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2007 5:45 PM by sergeysmirnov

Updating a single row in a repeat?

dustismo

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for ages and I haven't com up with an appropriate way.

Say I want to iterate over a list of emails using a:repeat. I want to have an action outside the a:repeat section that will update a single row. Now, if jsf allowed dynamic ids it would be easy just have id="#{email.id}" and have reRender="#{email.id}" in my action (I think it's unbelievable stupid that jsf does not allow dynamic ids). But since that is not possible how can I accomplish this?

thanks for any suggestions,
      Dustin

• 1. Re: Updating a single row in a repeat?

Yes, you cannot use #{} EL for id. Just forget about it.

What might be the way to go:

a:repeat has two useful attribute: rowKey and ajaxKeys. The first one, by default if you do not override it in data model, equals to number of row (Integer type).

ajaxKeys is a Set (java.util.Set) of rows that should be re-rendered. If ajaxKeys attribute equals null, just the whole table is re-rendered.

However, you can define it and only the referenced row will be updated.

So,

<h:form id="myform">

<a:repeat id="accounts" var="account" ajaxKeys="#{accoundBean.rowsToUpdate}">
           <h:outputText id="email" value="#{account.email}" />
           </a:repeat>

<a:commandButton action="#{accountBean.update}" reRender="accounts:email" />

<h:form>

If getRowsToUpdate returns null, the whole table will be re-rendered. However, if you specify the Set in the accountBean.update method, for example, only the specified row(s) will be re-rendered