3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2002 2:37 PM by ejain

How to disable session tracking

ejain

How do I stop Jetty from keeping track of sessions? Even if I do not use the session object anywhere and add page session="false" to each and every JSP, Jetty still insists on creating cookies. While this isn't so much of an issue on the large, it does interfere with my grand caching scheme...

• 1. Re: How to disable session tracking

I was under the impression that this was an unfortunate side-effect of Jasper/JSPs...

Are you implying that this does not happen with Tomcat ?

Jules

• 2. Re: How to disable session tracking
            gregwilkins

Jetty itself will only create a session if you are using FORM authentication. Thus I assume that it is a bug/feature in jasper.

If you can tell me the version of Jetty (or JBoss) you are using, confirm that you are not using FORM authentication
            and send me a JSP in the style you are using, then I'll see if I can workout who/what is doing this.

cheers

• 3. Re: How to disable session tracking
              ejain

I use JBoss 3.0.1. Wasn't able to reproduce this behavior anymore. But I do remember seeing jsessionid in some HTTP headers, even though I do not use any kind of authentication... Anyways, I'll complain again if the problem should reappear. Thanks!