1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 4, 2003 4:38 PM by juhalindfors

Stopping hot deployment for all zipfiles under web context

harlequinn

I am running a website with lot of content under JBOSS3.2.1+Tomcat4.1.24. Recently I noticed that anytime I put a .zip-file under the website (or a zipfile with different ending) in ANY directory, jboss tries to deploy it. This is normally not catastrophic, since normally JBOSS fails to understand the contents, but I've seen it trying to deploy .dll files and classfiles inside those .zip files as well, so this is kind of nasty.

Is there any way to turn off the auto-hot-deployment for directories under the web root? I'd rather not have my JBOSS trying to deploy any .zip files under the web root directory. I am running JBOSS with quite default setting, already checked that jboss-service.xml lists recursive option as false under hot deployment.

Can anyone help with this?

• 1. Re: Stopping hot deployment for all zipfiles under web conte

You could try the alternate hot deployer at the end of your jboss-service.xml file

<!-- An alternate hot deployer mbean. Use URLDirectoryScanner if you need to
           specify which urls are directories to scan, and which are urls to be
           deployed directly. URLDeploymentScanner assumes that all directories are to
           be scanned, which can cause problems if directory referred to in the
           deploy attribute is an exploded archive.
           <mbean code="org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDirectoryScanner"
           name="jboss.deployment:type=DeploymentScanner,flavor=URL">

<depends optional-attribute-name="Deployer">jboss.system:service=MainDeployer</depends>
           <attribute name="URLComparator">org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentSorter</attribute>
           <attribute name="Filter">org.jboss.deployment.scanner.DeploymentFilter</attribute>
           <attribute name="ScanPeriod">5000</attribute>
           /* Each entry specifies either a dir (directory to be scanned),
           or url (url to be deployed). Like the URLs for the DeploymentScanner
           above, a file: protocol will be assumed if not specified otherwise.
           */
           <attribute name="URLs">
           <urls>
           <dir name="./deploy" />
           <url name="./deploy/examples/myapp.ear" />
           <dir name="./deploy/examples" />
           <url name="http://www.test.com/samples/myapp.ear" />
           </urls>
           </attribute>
           </mbean>
           -->