3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2004 11:50 AM by wdrai

JSF problems with JBoss 3.2.2 Tomcat

chrise

I just got some problems running a JavaServer Faces Application with the latest JBoss 3.2.2 Tomcat release.

Following Sun's deployment documentation, which I've described in an other topic, everything works fine under JBoss 3.2.2RC4.

But using the 3.2.2 production-release, I've to press a button twice or more to invoke its action.
      Maybe there is a problem with the JSF Servlet in the embedded Tomcat-service (JSF works fine with JBoss 3.2.2- Jetty).

Meanwhile I'm using the RC4, or knows someone a solution?

Bye, chrise

• 1. Re: JSF problems with JBoss 3.2.2 Tomcat
          chrise

OH man, I can't believe that.
          Norton Antivirus 2004 was the reason. Auto-protection has to be disabled, otherwise JBoss won't work probably. Hmmmmmm

• 2. Re: JSF problems with JBoss 3.2.2 Tomcat

What did you do to get JSF to work on JBoss?

I am using JSF 1.0 (Beta) and I cannot get it to work either using the JSP 2.0 or the JSP 1.2 specifications. I have tried JB 3..2.2 RC1 - 4, JB 3.2.3 rc1 and 3.2.3 but none seem to work. Another thread mentioned using the Tomcat 5 from the examples dir but it is a little unclear for those of us not really familiar with JB internals; can you simply drag and drop the examples/Tomcat5 sar into the deploy dir and remove the jetty sar and expect it to work???

Any enlightenment is appreciated.

• 3. Re: JSF problems with JBoss 3.2.2 Tomcat
              wdrai

JSF 1.0beta works with JBoss-3.2.3, with Jetty-4.2 or Tomcat-4.1

You just have to replace the jstl.jar and standard.jar by those of JSTL-1.0 from jakarta, and add this to your web.xml :

<listener>
               <listener-class>com.sun.faces.config.ConfigListener</listener-class>
              </listener>

If you have already done that, what error do you get ?