3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2004 7:57 PM by xtian

JBoss 3.2.1/Tomcat /Servlets/RMI

earl.bennett

I have servlets under JBoss 3.2.1 which rely on RMI dynamic class loading. When I enable the java.security.manager, with all permissions enabled, I get several errors similar to the following bringing up JBoss.

java.net.MalformedURLException: invalid url: jndi:/localhost/jmx-console/WEB-INF/lib/jboss-jmx.jar!/ (java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi)

When I do not enable the java security manager, JBoss comes up OK, but I get ClassNotFound exceptions in my servlets because RMI dynamic class loading is disabled.

I would be very grateful for any assistance anyone can render.

Earl Bennett
      Compuware Corporation

• 1. Re: JBoss 3.2.1/Tomcat /Servlets/RMI
          xtian

I am having _exactly_ the same problem using dynamic class loading in an attempt to access Jini services.

Curiously, neither of us are attempting to access resources via JNDI so Catalina must be confused. Is this a bug with JBoss/Tomcat integration?

• 2. Re: JBoss 3.2.1/Tomcat /Servlets/RMI
            starksm64

Try using a more recent bundle of jboss/tomcat and report the full exception if this persists. The symptons indicate a conflict with handling of the jndi url prefix as a jndi protocol handler vs a url protocol handler.

• 3. Re: JBoss 3.2.1/Tomcat /Servlets/RMI
              xtian

This issue does appear to be resolved in the JBoss3.2.3/Tomcat4.1.29 bundle.

If anyone knows the precise location of the fix, however, I would be very grateful for a pointer. It is no trivial matter for my organisation to upgrade our production systems but I could get an updated JAR past the admins.