1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2004 3:48 AM by mmoulton

Deploying 2 web apps with same config file names

indianboy78in

Hi
      I am deploying 2 web applications (wars) on Jboss 3.2.3. There is a property file "myapp.properties" in both wars inside WEB-INF/classes folder.

When I run any of the 2 applications in any order all the times the property file from the first deployed application is picked up.

How can I configure JBoss so that it loads to copies of this property file for 2 applications.

I have also changed jboss-3.2.3\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat41.sar\META-INF\

<attribute name="Java2ClassLoadingCompliance">false</attribute>

But its still not working.

cheers

• 1. Re: Deploying 2 web apps with same config file names
          mmoulton

I am having a similar problem with deploying a ear that contains 1 ejb-jar and 2 wars. Both wars have the 'java2ClassLoadingCompliance' atty set to false in there jboss-web.xml file.

Upon deployment, the first war to register itself works great. The second app however does not work correctly as it is accessing the first deployed web apps property files.

I have tried to isolate the wars loader repositories by specifying a unique <loader-repository>domain:loader=something.war</loader-repository> in both wars jboss-web.xml files. When I specify a loader repository I get a WARN message in the server.log for each web app that is as follows:

2004-04-13 01:36:16,912 WARN [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo] Only the root deployment can set the loader repository, ingoring config=LoaderRepositoryConfig(repositoryName: test.com@:loader=test-web.war, repositoryClassName: org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3, configParserClassName: null, repositoryConfig: null)

I have read the forums in search of a solution without much luck. Any help would be appreciated.

-- mike