4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2004 8:10 PM by stiphout

appBase attribute in Host tag

brasse

Hello!

Does jboss support the appBase attribute in the Host tag when using the embeded tomcat in jboss version 3.2.3? I have tried to change this attribute but jboss seems to ignore it, the appBase always end up being jboss/server/xxx/deploy.

Is there anyway to change this beheiviour?

Thanks in advance!

:.:: mattias

• 1. Re: appBase attribute in Host tag
          starksm64

No. What is your usecase?

• 2. Re: appBase attribute in Host tag
            brasse

I have a bunch of sites currently running on tomcat. Now I want them to be able to run on either tomcat or jboss. I am currently writing setup and start scripts that will allow this. The sites have many things in common, one of them is a directory called [tt]webapps[/tt]

• 3. Re: appBase attribute in Host tag
              brasse

Ops. I messed up a bit in my previous comment. Here is what it should have looked like:

I have a bunch of sites currently running on tomcat. Now I want them to be able to run on either tomcat or jboss. I am currently writing setup and start scripts that will allow this. The sites have many things in common, one of them is a directory called webapps that live in the "root" directory of the site. When using tomcat I put the absolute path of this directory into the appBase-attribute of my Host-tag. It looks something like this:

www.xyz.com/
              |--- foo/
              |--- bar/
              |--- webapps/ <- appBase

It would be nice to be able to do something similar with jboss. What I am doing currently is that when I deploy the site on jboss I make symbolic links from server/xxx/deploy to the contents of my webapps directory. This seem to work fine.

:.:: mattias

• 4. Re: appBase attribute in Host tag
                stiphout

I, too, would love to have this be possible!

I have several virtual hosts set up using the same JBoss server, and as it is, I have no way of indicating a default app for each; I've had to write a universal appdispatch.war that implements only one simple servlet that looks at the hostname and forwards the request to the appropriate context, such that a request to

http://www.domain1.com/

gets forwarded to

http://www.domain1.com/domain1

where domain1's app context lives...

It would be nice not to have to do this...

Thanks!