2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2005 6:10 AM by surfie

Problem running JSF application in JBoss

gdavej

I'm trying to deploy and run the JCatalog example application (http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2004/jw-0719-jsf.html) in JBoss 3.2.5. I've already tried the application in standalone Tomcat 5.0.25 with no problems. Deploying to JBoss gives no errors, but when I trye to run the app, I get compile errors for the JSP pages, indeed I get an error for every JSF tag in the pages. A typical error is ..

An error occurred at line: 10 in the jsp file: /front.jsp
      Generated servlet error:
      C:\java\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\work\jboss.web\localhost\catalog\org\apache\jsp\front_jsp.java:149: _jspx_meth_f_subview_0(javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.JspTag,javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext) in org.apache.jsp.front_jsp cannot be applied to (com.sun.faces.taglib.jsf_core.ViewTag,javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext)
      if (_jspx_meth_f_subview_0(_jspx_th_f_view_0, _jspx_page_context))
      ^

Line 10 in the front.jsp page is <f:view> .. the first JSF tag in the page. Does anybody have any idea why I'm having problems in JBoss, when the JSP pages compile fine in the standalone Tomcat?

• 1. Re: Problem running JSF application in JBoss
          kennethaitken

I have experienced the same problem with JBoss 3.2.5. As a work-around I need to restart JBoss one or more times and redeploy my project also one or more times.

I posted the problem in the MyEclipse forum. The support there suggested an incompatibility in JBoss with several Jar files containing the same class with differing methods. I would suggest registering the problem with JBoss as a bug.

• 2. Re: Problem running JSF application in JBoss
            surfie

I got the same error when I first deployed the jcatalog in jboss 3.2.7, however, after deleting the servlet.jar in the jcatalog.war/WEB-INF/lib, it looked fine. hope it helps.