1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2004 10:12 AM by dpasiuk

Where is mod_jk for Solaris?

dpasiuk

Hello, Friends,

I have posed this question on the Beginner's list, but haven't received an answer.

For most of the operating systems, the mod_jk binaries at jakarta-tomcat-connectors binaries download page contain either a file named mod_jk* (such as mod_jk_1.2.6_1.3.31.dll) or a tar.gz that contains a mod_jk*. But, for Solaris, the only (recent) files I see are these:

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-1.3.31_EAPI_native.so
      jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-1.3.31_EAPI_native.so.asc
      jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-1.3.31_native.so
      jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-1.3.31_native.so.asc jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-2.0.43_native.so jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-2.0.43_native.so.asc

I've downloaded the Apache 1.3.31 versions, but are these the mod_jks I'm looking for? I tried simply renaming one to mod_jk and following the directions, but it doesn't work.

There ARE older (Oct 2003) tar.gzs out there, but I hesitate to use something that old, but if that's what I'm supposed to get, please let me know.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Where is mod_jk for Solaris?
          dpasiuk

FYI, I eventually got the one named jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6-solaris8-sparc-apache-1.3.31_native.so to work, at least to the point of Apache 1.3.31 starting up without errors. I renemed it to mod_jk.so, followed directions in the links for mod_jk + Apache, but the fix was that I had to add the path to libgcc_s.so.1 to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.