2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2007 9:16 AM by alex_ph

a4j:support Issue

alex_ph

Hi,
      I updated today to the newest build of a4j (I used a two weeks old version before) and I have some issues with selectOneMenus and a4j:support now.

I created a small snippet to describe my problem:

<h:form>
       <h:selectOneMenu>
       <f:selectItem itemValue="Text 1 "/>
       <f:selectItem itemValue="Text 2 "/>
       <a4j:support event="onchange"/>
       </h:selectOneMenu>

<h:selectOneMenu>
       <f:selectItem itemValue="Text 3 "/>
       <f:selectItem itemValue="Text 4 "/>
       <a4j:support event="onchange"/>
       </h:selectOneMenu>
      </h:form>

Earlier, if I change the value of the first selectOneMenu the onchange invoked and my tabulator stays in the first switch element.
      But now, the tabulator in this example jumps into the second selectOneMenu. In real I have eight selectOneMenus and if I update one of these, the tabulator jumps for instance from menu 3 to 1, 5 to 7 and so on.

I want that the tabulator stays in the same selectOneMenu after an ajax-event was invoked. Is there a new parameter of a4j:support who I don't know?

Cu
      Alex

• 1. Re: a4j:support Issue
          alex_ph

Its me again.
          Perhaps its a facelets problem, because I switched from JSF 1.1 and JSP-view to JSF 1.2 with Facelets Template and xhtml-View and with the old Setting I had no problems.
          I can't test whether onchange works with jsf 1.1 or not.
          Could anyone of you test this snippet and tell me if the Tabulator jumps from the first selectOneMenu to the second?

Thanks Alex

• 2. Re: a4j:support Issue
            alex_ph

It was my fault, I had an outputPanel with ajaxRendered=true in my template.xhtml (it sourrounded the selectOneMenus).

Alex