1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2006 7:39 AM by Alexander Smirnov

How to run ajax4jsf on jboss app server 4.0.4

mind mantra Newbie

Could any one tell how to run ajax4jsf on jboss app server or give any working example where ajax4jsf is running on jboss.

I tried to run ajax4jsf on jboss app server 4.0.4 but its not running.

I downloaded the war from following loacation-

https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/files/documents/4966/35187/a4j-button-and-link.war
      and deployed it to jboss. It gave exception and could not deploy and run.

But the same application is running perfectly in a separate Tomcat

I removed jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar from lib then it deployed.(MyFaces jsf jars are already there in jbossweb-*.sar lib folder) It gave following Exception at deployment -

15:46:33,750 INFO [ServletCacheAdministrator] Created new instance of ServletCacheAdministrator
      15:46:33,750 INFO [ServletCacheAdministrator] Created new application-scoped cache at key: __oscache_cache
      15:46:33,812 ERROR [[/ademo]] Exception starting filter ajax4jsf
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
      A typical config looks like this;
      <listener>
       <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
      </listener>

I copied and pasted above listener tag in my web.xml and removed the default listener tag in that file.

The application starts and runs.
      when I click on server submit button i see the output.
      But when i click "Ajax Submit" button nothing happens.

Whats wrong ? ( one i guess is the ajas4jsf filter didnt start as shown in console).
      How to make it run ?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
      Thanks.