Our website is based on the typical architecture in which request is intercepted by apache http server 2 and later on passed to JBoss(3.2.6).
Despite our efforts the website runs very slow(responds in 10 seconds for an avg page). The methods we employed so far are:-
- We increased JVM heap size by 2 GB
- Introduced pre-compiler for all the existing JSPs, if there are new jsps created then those have to be incorporated as well
- Apache thread size increased in httpd.conf (I have not idea about exact figure)
- Restarted server m/c on every release
- Maitained memory consumption statistics hourly basis.
- Monitored DB connections
- Maintained response time for prominent JSPs
- Deleted jk2.log under jboss directory, when its size exceeds 2 GB then apache log gets increased very fast, so we need to check this as well. After this change we observed healthy behavior of application
-Apache Log level modified
But the problem still persists. On an avg the no. of concurrent users are not more than 100. Can anybody help in identifying more such mesures.