2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 3:30 PM by sedat

problem with JSF 1.2 on JBoss5Beta

Hello,

I have faced with a problem while deploying my JSF 1.2 web application (sun impl) ( I build with Netbeans 5.5 Visual Web pack) to JBoss5 Beta. It works with Glassfish. In order to find the problem, I make a simple Hello world web application and try to deploy it to JBoss5Beta. However, I get the same exception.

The first exception that I overcome is related with web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd. JBoss says that it can not resolve this schema. I solve this problem by putting this file into the jboss.jar/schema.

The second exception that I cannot solve is although my projects managed-beans.xml file is well formed, JBoss throws such an exception:

org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: The xml JBoss5Ex.war/WEB-INF/managed-beans.xml is not well formed!
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:94)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployer.parse(AbstractParsingDeployer.java:173)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployer.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployer.java:114)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployer.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployer.java:88)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.kernel.BeanDeployer.deploy(BeanDeployer.java:59)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployer.AbstractSimpleDeployer.commitDeploy(AbstractSimpleDeployer.java:52)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployer.DeployerWrapper.commitDeploy(DeployerWrapper.java:145)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployment.MainDeployerImpl.commitDeploy(MainDeployerImpl.java:440)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployment.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:381)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:366)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.bootstrap(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:246)
      at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:89)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:401)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:340)
      at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:210)
      at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:508)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Note that JBoss5Ex.war is my web application. What can be the problem? Any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Sedat

• 1. Re: problem with JSF 1.2 on JBoss5Beta
          raist_majere

You should write your XML file here (between code quotes) in order to get help with managed-beans.xml problem...

• 2. Re: problem with JSF 1.2 on JBoss5Beta

Hi,
            Here is the content of my managed-beans.xml file (starting after the #'s line):
            ######################################
            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <faces-config version="1.2" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd">
            <managed-bean>
            <managed-bean-name>SessionBean1</managed-bean-name>
            <managed-bean-class>jboss5ex.SessionBean1</managed-bean-class>
            <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
            </managed-bean>
            <managed-bean>
            <managed-bean-name>Page1</managed-bean-name>
            <managed-bean-class>jboss5ex.Page1</managed-bean-class>
            <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
            </managed-bean>
            <managed-bean>
            <managed-bean-name>ApplicationBean1</managed-bean-name>