1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 6, 2007 11:39 AM by abhinav76

jboss 3.2.8 (SP1) with tomcat 5.5

mkehrer

I've tried to deploy jbossweb-tomcat55.sar (taken from jboss-4.0.3SP1) into jboss-3.2.8.SP1 instead of the original jbossweb-tomcat50.sar but it seems, that further configuration steps are required.

Message while staring up jboss is:

10:35:14,359 ERROR (main) [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/J:/jboss-3.2.8.SP1_sandbox/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: create operation failed for package file:/J:/jboss-3.2.8.SP1_sandbox/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: - nested throwable: (java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException))

Just to deploy the different sar seems not to be enough. What else do I have to change?

• 1. Re: jboss 3.2.8 (SP1) with tomcat 5.5
          abhinav76

Hi mk,

I am assuming that you are trying to replace the tomcat 55.sar because you want to run the JSPs having J2SE 1,5 syntax.

For doing that, you can just replace the jasper compiler instead of replacing the whole sar. All you have to do is -

copy jasper-compiler.jar, jasper-compiler-jdt.jar and jasper-runtime.jar from jbossweb-tomcat55.sar into jbossweb-tomcat50.sar.

Warm regards,
          Abhinav
          http://abhinavmaheshwari.blogspot.com