2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 9:10 AM by jagreenwood

Tomcat / JBoss Updates and version Compatability

mdenton

We have been notified by an outside vendor that our version of Tomcat must be patched in order to continue doing business with them.

The problem is no one here seems to understand how all the systems work together. We purchased Abobe's Livecycle product and they told us that they require JBoss 3.2.5 and that Tomcat can only be updated with a new version of JBoss.

Can you please confirm or deny Adobe's assumption?

We are currently using:
      JBoss 3.2.5
      Tomcat 5.0.26
      Java VM 1.4.2_12-b03

According to Tomcat, we need version 5.5.26 to be fully patched. Is that possible without causing other conflicts?

• 1. Re: Tomcat / JBoss Updates and version Compatability
          jfclere

Those version of JBoss and Tomcat are not supported by Red Hat.
          You may get trouble upgrading for TC-5.0.26 to TC-5.5.26.
          The TC-5.0.x we "support" in RHEL package is TC-5.0.30 (5.0.30.patch03-brew).

• 2. Re: Tomcat / JBoss Updates and version Compatability
            jagreenwood

I'm basically in the same situation relative to having to update Tomcat.
            What I'm curious about is whether I can update Tomcat independently of JBoss. Is a particular version of JBoss tied to a particular version of Tomcat? Is is possible to copy the updated version of jar files to the server?

Also, I can't find a source that lists what version Tomcat a particular version of JBoss includes. Any ideas where I can find this information?

Thanks