1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 24, 2002 6:49 AM by Lewis Henderson

SingleSignOn JBoss3.0.3 Tomcat4.1.12

Lewis Henderson Novice

I'm having problems with the SingleSignOn valve discussed in thread http://www.jboss.org/modules/bb/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=forums/ get two WAR deployments to use SingleSignOn I need to :-

1) Ensure that the <security-domain> in both jboss-web.xml files is the same
      2) Ensure that the <login-config> sections are the same in both web.xml files
      3) Add the SingleSignOn valve to the tomcat41-service.xml file as described in the thread above.

Some questions...

Does the <login-config> section have to be the same? In my case I always login through the 'Main' WAR...Which part(s) do I need / not need in the second (and subsequent) WARs?

Are there issues with Tomcat spawning new Http threads?

I'm using Struts so have *.do type URL's to secure. Does this cause any problems?

...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lewis

• 1. Re: SingleSignOn JBoss3.0.3 Tomcat4.1.12
          Lewis Henderson Novice

...new info

1) Two WAR's both using struts (lots of Forwards)...All kinds of problems!

WAR1 is the main entry point, it contains the login page/error page in an unsecured dir (not realy required as Tomcat allows access to these no matter what the security is) and everything else is secured.

WAR2 contains a complete struts application. Everything is secured.

a) Without SingleSignOn it all works as expected. I.e. I get the login screen when I hit WAR1 and another (WAR2's) when a URL takes me to WAR2.
          b) With SingleSignOn I lose images(broken) and get 'Access Denied' even on pages inside WAR1...

2) A 'standard' (no struts) WAR0 is added as the Main entry point. This WAR has links to WAR1 and WAR1 (as above) has links to WAR2.
          a) Without SingleSignOn I get challenged when I hit WAR0 and then again when I hit WAR1, however I do not get challenged for WAR2?????!!!!!
          b) With SingleSignOn it all works as expected...???

Can anyone shed any light on what is happening in these scenarios?

Lewis